- Signs of Love Addiction
- Personality Traits of Addiction (PDF)
- Defensive Mechanisms of Addiction
- Warning signs for Alcohol or Drug problems in Teens
- Continuum of Addictive Risk and Healthy Behavior
- Recovery Sayings
- 12 Step Prayers (3rd Step Prayer, 7th Step Prayer, 11th Step Prayer and Set Aside Prayer)
- Relapse Symptoms
- The Passions and the 12 Steps of AA
- The 12 Steps in Reverse
- Who am I? I am your Disease – This chilling letter from the disease of alcoholism and drug addiction wakes the addict up to the damage addiction causes and the battle that takes place in recovery.
Here are some of my favorite and useful information and worksheets for working the 12 steps.
STEP 2 AND STEP 3
- 4th Step Inventory Handout (PDF format)
- 4th Step-List of Resentment Form (PDF format)
- 4th Step-List of Fears Form (PDF format)
- 4th Step worksheet for Alcoholism (in MS Word) (in PDF format)
- 4th Step Fill-in-able form
- 4th Step writing guide – Dallas B. from www.step12.com. This process is very thorough and covers all the necessary ingredients in step 4. Look for all 5 worksheets on this webpage.
- Clancy’s 7 Questions – these questions are very useful for tough cases. Clancy found that most people in recovery struggle with guilt, fear, inadequacy, loneliness and resentment. Dealing with these issues will make a big difference in your recovery.
Questions for Alcoholism Assessment–developed by John Hopkins University
Assertiveness and Confrontation
Constructive Feedback Model of Assertiveness – This model is useful for almost any situation. Friendly and easy to use.
DESC Model of Assertiveness – this is just one of many models. Great for tough situations where people have not been able to get your point with milder confrontations.
- Attitude by Charles Swindoll
Gamblers Anonymous – 12 step for Compulsive Gambler
GA Meeting List – meeting list for Gamblers Anonymous
20 Questions for Compulsive Gamblers
South Oaks Gambling Screen (SOGS) – online tool to assess for problem gambling
About Gam-Anon – meeting list and information for family members who suffer from a compulsive gambler
- Boundaries – healthy boundaries and poor boundary systems (PDF format)
- Controlling Families vs. Healthy Families
- Violated Boundaries
- The process of recovery from Codependency
- Symptoms of coming from a Dysfunctional Family (in PDF format)
- Family Roles of Dysfunctional Families ( in PDF format) [Print in landscape orientation]
- Anniversary Reactions (PDF format)
- The Emotion Worksheet
- The Law of Emotions
- Resolving Feelings (in PDF format)
- Emotional Leprosy by Erik Bohlin, M.A. (MS Word)
- How do I feel? Connecting to Recovery – a chart to help you connect with the feelings of anger, anxiety, and resentment and how you can process these in a recovery way.(PDF format)
- Emotional Yardstick Handout (PDF) (Word Doc)
Pain and Suffering
The Goodness of God – C.S. Lewis
- Prayer of Tranquility (MS Word) –this prayer is really useful for the recovering person as well as anybody. It comes to us from the Elders at the Optina Monastery.
- The Sobriety Prayer – this paraphrase of 1 Corinthians 13 substitutes the word, “sobriety” with love. While taking liberty with Scripture in this way has it challenges, the truth is compelling.
- To Let Go -this is a great listing of what it means to let go and to not control another person. To “care about” rather than “care for” is one of the shifts in thinking freedom from codependency.
- 3rd Step Prayer, 7th Step Prayer, 11th Step Prayer & Set Aside.
Sexual Addiction Recovery
Recovery from Sexual Addiction – Sexual Addiction Recovery – For Beginners – Handouts
CONDITIONS OF USE: The information in these links, articles and handouts are intended to supplement, not substitute for, the expertise and judgment of healthcare professionals. The information is educational and is not intended to diagnosis or treat and medical or mental health condition.